Monday, October 6, 2008

Where there's a Will...

So just this morning I went with Will to the airport and saw him off, back to Canada. I'm really going to miss that kid! Hanging out with him all week has been great, and we've had some pretty amazing adventures. I'm not too bummed though, because he had a great 5 month trip, and my trip is just starting really. I'm still staying in the apartment with Lorenzo (from Italy) and Pal (pronounced Paul, from Norway) in the flat they just got. Their the friends of Will's that I was staying with the other night, and they've been really awesome and hospitable. However they have eaten all my food! Haha
The weather here has been very bi-polar lately, varying from extreme wet-cold-disgustingness to beautiful sunny-gorgeousness; it's weird. Yesterday was really beautiful, though, and Will, Pal, Lorenzo, and I all went to this huge park nearby and sat on the grass for hours. We then wandered over to the skate-park and watched all the little punks on their boards. I was hoping to see some epic wiping-out, but we only saw one kid fall. Stupid, boring skaters; not taking enough risks! Then for Will's last night in Glasgow we went to a couple different bars, and I found out that a bar called BOX near here does 1 pound 50 cocktails for ladies only, all night every night but Saturday. Hello new favourite bar!
Other than Will leaving and me switching locations, there isn't too much news to report. I'm starting to get really into this weird Indian-poutine thing called "chips cheese and currie". The name says it all! It's no poutine, but it's really good.
My birthday's tomorrow and I'm excited! Although I think I've decided not to age.

No comments: