Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Liverpool can be a lonely place on a Saturday night

That's a quote from Yellow Submarine, I'm not actually lonely. I am, however, in Liverpool aka Beatles mecca aka friggin heaven! I love it here! Everyone has the best ever accents, they're all friendly, and there's Beatles stuff EVERYWHERE!!! Screw Disneyland, this is the happiest place on earth.
So since the last time I updated I've had some more London adventures. I met up with Doreen and had a lovely visit with her. I was going to go and stay with her for a few days, but due to an operation she's been scheduled for we couldn't work that out. I then met up with the guys and went and saw Abbey Road! It was awesome. We spent about 2 hours in this 3 block radius. We signed the gate at Abbey Road studios and took photos with the sign, and because there were 4 of us (Cassie, Chris, Nikki and I) we did the 4 person Beatles-esque crossing of the road, much to the chagrin of local motorists. Unfortunately we couldn't get a photo of us all crossing at once because the road is insanely busy, but we did photos of two of us at a time and will photoshop them together at a later date. Either way it was amazing! This all took place on Friday.
Then on Saturday I went with Chris and his cousin and cousin's lady to see Wicked!!! Oh my god, seeing a musical in London, the heart of all musical theatre, was friggin phenominal! Now, I didn't want to write about it until I got it dealt with so no one freaks out, but I somehow magically broke a back molar tooth whilst eating a pastry of all things before the play. I finally managed to get all my insurance stuff in order and get it fixed yesterday, so all is well now, but it was pretty lame.
So, anyway, on Sunday I took a bus to Liverpool (yay) to stalk all the Beatles related sites. I will write more about my Liverpool experiences later, but this is the slowest and most expensive internet ever, so I have to jet because I'm still not sure where the heck I'm heading after this!

No comments: