Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mon Appartement en Paris

Allow me to explain... So the day that I spent wandering around with the Aussies and the Texan we were searching online for cheaper hostels, because the Aloha hostel was bleeding us dry, and we discovered that it's actually cheaper to get a short-term apartment if you have enough people.  We have enough people.  We searched online for a bunch of places, secured our payment, went down to the building to get our keys and pretty much had a 4 person heart-attack-joygasm because our apartment is so goddam beautiful!!!  We have two, count 'em, two courtyards, a beautifully decorated 1 bedroom with kitchenette and bathroom Parisian artist flat.  It's breathtaking!  The first day we got here we pretty much spent the whole day listening to music (our flat comes with a stereo), drinking red wine (I have finally cultivated a taste, which is great because is crazy cheap here!), cooking good food (for once), I did some sketching, we opened all the drawers and cupboards and explored the entire flat, and we wandered the neighbourhood.  It was a magical day!
Since arriving in Paris I've done some sight-seeing and walking around, I did half a walking tour, but we had to bail early because it was raining that cold-stinging rain and it was killing me dead!  I've drank under the eiffel tower twice, and on the eiffel tower once, I've met tons of travelers and a few locals, I've practiced my French (really hard when you're drunk), I've cooked a bunch, I've drank tons of coffee and wine, eaten a bunch on baguettes and croissants and crepes, and just generally rocked out in our beautiful, magical flat! So happy!  We have the place for 8 days, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to leave.  I love it so much! Happy, happy, happy

No comments: