Friday, October 10, 2008

Edinbburgh makes Glasgow looked like an old hooker!

I really like Glasgow. I think it's beautiful and fun and I've enjoyed staying there. But Edinburgh totally makes Glasgow look like a discarded hooker in comparisson. I couldn't believe it when the bus rolled into town and I was confronted by the awesome power of the beauty of Edinburgh. It's amazing! No wonder the Queen's official Scottish residence is in Edinburgh. I can't believe she ever leaves this place! There are gorgeous mountains, a castle and a palace, dozens of statues, beautiful cobblestone streets, and about a hundred ghosts! Edingurgh is one of the most haunted cities in all of Europe. Tonight I'm going to go on a ghost walk; I can't wait!!!
Since I last wrote I've spent my last few days hanging with the boys in Glasgow, which is always a good time, although I fear they may give me alchohol poisoning. Then yesterday I took an early afternoon bus to Edinburgh. I really love it here! I found my hostel (the world's coolest hostel, and it's entirely run on green energy with no carbon footprint- woo!) and spent most of my day walking aroudn the "royal mile" which is a very steep street in Edinburgh that has the castle on one end and the palace on the other. I didn't go into the castle because it was WAY too expensive, but I found a couple free museums, which was cool.
Then I spent my evening and night going on a free pub crawl hosted by the hostel. It was really fun and I met a ton of cool people. Pub crawls are totally the best way to make friends. Yay! I met these two awesome girls from Sarnia, Ontario and I've spent my day touring around Edinburgh with them. The city is beautiful and we did a tour-bus thing so we got to hear all about the history. I freaking love history and culture, so even though it was expensive I'm realy glad we did it. Then at 10pm tonight we're going on a ghost walk that boasts the most famous poltergeist in Scotland: the MacKenzie ghost. I'm absolutely consumed by excitement for this tour, so it better be grand of I'll be a very sad panda.

No comments: