Friday, September 12, 2008

Jolly old London (Ontario)

4 days left!
That's right, only four days left to go before I take off! My bags are packed and I've been living out of my (oversized) backpack for the better part of a week now, just getting used to the lifestyle. I've been in London, Ontario, since Monday night staying with my tiny friend Amanda and her roommate Ryan. Her live-in boyfriend (and my other tiny friend) Ryan has been in stupid Boston working for the last 6 weeks, but he'll be home tonight for the weekend, so I can't wait! That's right, this apartment comes with 2 Ryan's for the price of one! What a steal!!!
So far this week we've been mostly taking it easy, cooking, watching movies, sitting and talking, all that good stuff. But my highlight of the week was on Wednesday night when Amanda and I went and saw the Creepshow and Anti-Flag in concert. The show was amazing; I love both those bands more than a junkie loves heroin! It was a really early show (7-10:30) because that venue runs funk night on Wednesdays, so afterwards we zipped back to Amanda's pad, drank our weight in whiskey, then went back to funk night! It was great times with the dancing and the severe drunkeness. And when I popped onto the patio to get a drink from the patio bar (because, you know, I wasn't drunk enough yet) I ran into some locals chatting with the drummer from Anti-Flag! So I obviously inserted myself right into their conversation. After a little while my glorious, drunken self wound up getting into a 20 minute argument with Pat (the drummer) about where the cervix is! I even went so far as to draw a diagram of a woman's reproductive organs on the bar patio! Genius!!
As for the rest of the week, we're going out to dinner then the bar tonight. Then tomorrow we head to Toronto for the last Goodfellaz rave ever! After that 2 days of visiting people in Toronto and then I'm off! Yay!!!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

hey kendall
i don't know if you know, but i'm moving to england in a few weeks .. i'm waiting on a work visa, and then going over for at least the rest of the school year. so if you ever want to try to meet up in england or even like in france or another neighbouring country, facebook me and maybe we can make something work :)

nikki bureau