Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Dun nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh

BAT-BLOG!!!
Salutations! You are currently reading my first blog. Well, actually I'm currently typing it, so you can't be reading it yet, because it isn't posted. Then again, when you do read it, it will technically count as "current" because that will be the present, even though right now that's the future and the present is me typing and getting very confused...
Ow, my brains!
Anyways, as you may have surmised from the title of this blog; this will be the space where I write the tales of my adventures. In about two-ish weeks time or so, I plan on hopping a plane to Europe. I haven't figured out yet exactly which country I'll be heading to first, second, etc, but I've definitely narrowed down the field (not Russia) and will be making further narrowings in the tail-end of this week. (as opposed to the head-end; which is, of course, the beginning). As tickets get purchased, dates set, and all that business I'll post all of my comings and goings as, er, well as they come and go.
So far what I do know is that I'm in North Bay, tomorrow I go to Toronto for the funeral of my dear and much beloved Uncle Foss. After that I go to Huntsville, then on Sunday I go to Gravenhurst, then on Monday or Tuesday I go to London, then back to Toronto for the weekend before leaving the country and burning this fucking place down!!!
All arson-related vehemence aside, I actually love Canada and have enjoyed living here for my 22 years on this planet. I just ache so badly to leave here and see what else is happening on this spinning water-rock we inhabit. I've felt this burning need to leave for awhile, but it's lately grown so strong that it is a burn no tiger-balm can soothe.
I don't know how long I'll be gone or how many countries I can make it to, but I've seen enough road-trip themed movies to know that I will wreak havoc that should get me arrested but doesn't, fall in love with a ridiculously hot Euro-babe, get set way off course by some mis-adventure, and then
it will all work out in the end, probably to a catchy pop-rock tune, roll credits.

No comments: